Huntress' previous website held many years of useful blogs, articles and employment guides, but the overall site was severely outdated, unimaginative and difficult to use. Most significantly, the old website was not responsive which meant that it was almost impossible for candidates to apply for roles on mobile and that Huntress were losing out on potential business.
Huntress therefore requested a brand refresh and a complete site overhaul which maintained their archived content, and showcased their client and candidate promise and brand messaging which sits at the heart of the business.
Design wise, the brand and site look had to appeal to their primary candidates (predominantly 25-35 year old female office support workers) as well as their big business clients.
During an extensive client kick-off we decided on 3 main user personas for their site which were used as a reference point for each page structure and design throughout the project.
The next stage was to rearrange the site content into a uniform and collated structure with dedicated client and candidate sections, whilst integrating related job details and site callouts. Wireframes for the key templates were created for these pages before design commenced and heavily focusing on the application and account setup.
I presented two visual routes from which a mix of both was chosen to progress into the final design. From this, the rest of the site was designed following the wireframes.
I then developed the front-end template that backend developers integrated into the in-house CMS.
Launching in spring 2017, Huntress has seen an incredible 300% increase in candidate applications and for the first time users can apply via mobile/tablet now that the site is fully responsive. The brand design has been rolled out across all of Huntress’ offices and has had great feedback from clients.
Mark listened, understood, is creative, problem solved, and delivered
Beatrice Bailey - Huntress group
The previous Huntress site hadn't been updated in over 5 years resulting in unmaintained and uncategorised content, making it next to impossible to find the neccessary information you were looking for. With myself and the client we went through a collobarive re-think of all pages and content and condensed them into appropriate and concise sections.
One of the biggest problems with Huntress' previous site was that the application process was laborious and fiddley with unstyled form elements, this resulted in application drop-offs.
I stripped back the form inputs to the applications key essentials and designed a device friendly UI to make the process as quick and inviting as possible.